Chairperson will be in charge of Kirinyaga County Public Service Board.
Specific duties and responsibility will be to:
- Provide strategic leadership and policy direction for the Board;
- Establish and appoint offices in the County Public Service;
- Exercise disciplinary control over and remove persons holding or acting in these positions;
- Promote values and principles spelt out in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya in the operations of the Department;
- Advise County Government on human resource management and development issues;
- Make recommendations
to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission on behalf of the County
Government on the remuneration, Pensions and gratuities for County
public service employees; and
- Maintain effective collaboration and partnership with other organs of Central and County Government amongst other duties.
Requirements and Competencies
For appointment to this position, the person should:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Have a working experience of not less than ten years in administration and management.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
- Be a professional who demonstrates absence of breach of the relevant professional code of conduct.
- Not be a public or state officer.
- Understand the diversity within the county
- Be a visionary and strategic thinker.
- Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve its vision.
NB A Masters degree will be an added advantage